Monday 14 October 2013

Whilst writing our dissertation, April and I (The Pathetic Things That Artists Do) became inspired by the work of Patrick Brill aka Bob & Roberta Smith. His sign writing texts and views on art education really helped us when writing together (and made us appreciate what he was really saying when handing in our dissertation when we were asked if we each had a copy as only one student ID card could be scanned per submission!)
I managed to get myself to the private view of Bob & Roberta Smith on Friday 4th October at Plymouth Art Centre and managed to tell him this story! Really enjoyed his one man band performance and never imagined during my third year of Uni I would have the opportunity to tell Patrick that we had written about him...

His work will be exhibited until December 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment